Ethos and Values
It is our intention, at Margaret McMillan Primary School, to create a supportive and stimulating environment where every child has opportunities to achieve his/her potential. We will create a climate where children feel safe, happy and valued; where they can take their first steps on the road to becoming confident and successful learners.
- To provide a broad, balanced and dynamic curriculum.
- To provide a range of teaching styles which reflect the range of learning styles.
- To recognise, promote and include the involvement of parents, governors and the wider community.
- To provide opportunities for children to develop awareness of the diversity of our society in the world.
- To nurture the qualities of compassion, understanding and respect for those around them and for those different from themselves.
- To develop skills of co-operation and collaboration as well as independence in all of our pupils.
- To prepare children for the future and the opportunities of adult life.
We want all children to enjoy their learning experiences, to make the most of opportunities offered to them and to contribute their talents to the collective benefit of the school and the community.