Tasty, nutritious school meals have been provided in the Bradford district for many years.
The Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme means these meals are provided FREE to all primary school children in reception class and years 1 & 2.
There are no forms to fill in, or other eligibility criteria. So if your child is in one of these year groups, you can simply send them along to school to enjoy a delicious free lunch each
day. If you would be eligible for free school meals (see criteria below), it’s a good idea to still register as your school will benefit from extra funding.
Please note: For children in years 3-6, meals will be priced at £2.00, which is still great value for money.
- All main meals are accompanied with either potatoes, rice or naan bread, seasonal vegetables or salad, and fresh bread.
- All meat is from farms which satisfy UK welfare standards.
- All fresh vegetables and potatoes are locally sourced, wherever possible.
- All our fish, vegetarian, and cheese dishes are suitable for Muslims.
- All desserts are suitable for vegetarians and Muslims.
- We do not use preservatives or additives that are unsuitable for children.
- We have a no nut and no genetically modified ingredient policy
- The school meals provider at Margaret McMillan Primary School have been awarded the bronze standard.
*Children in Years 3 to 6 could also get school meals for FREE
Your child is entitled to free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Universal credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (But not working tax credit) with an anual income (an assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) of less than £16,190
- Pension Credit (Guarantee credit only)
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Services)
- Income-related Employment and support allowance
Registering for Free school Meals means your school gets extra money from the goverment, known as pupil premium. For more information on Free school Meals please tel: 01274 432772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or check/apply at www.bradford.gov.uk/benefits